The West Leederville Residents Association Inc. (WLRA) was formed in late 2005 to represent the local community and provide an avenue to promote the needs of residents to the council and government authorities.
Due to the unique composition of the neighbourhood and its inner city location, West Leederville allows residents to enjoy urban living with a strong sense of community.
The committee members live in West Leederville. They are different ages, have diverse backgrounds and offer wide representation of the neighbourhood. They will strive to work together to develop a vision for the future and encourage input from all members of the local community.
Ngaala Kaaditj, Whadjuk Nyoongar Moort, keyen kaadak nidja boodja.
We acknowledge the Whadjuk Nyoongar people as the original custodians of this land. And we pay our respects to their elders past, present and future
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is to support the community of West Leederville.
Our mission is to preserve and enhance the quality of residential living and wellbeing for West Leederville residents.
Our objectives are to:
- Encourage broad and meaningful participation consistent with the preservation and enhancement of the character, amenity and safety of residential living for West Leederville residents;
- Facilitate inclusive and collaborative partnerships which represent and encompass the views of the West Leederville community;
- Be a strong and independent community voice promoting community spirit, consultation and cooperation;
- Liaise with the Town of Cambridge councillors to ensure the values, views and interests of West Leederville residents are heard and considered in their actions and decisions; and
- Promote members understanding of Council processes so as to actively participate in them and support the Associations views in Council.
To help achieve this add your support by becoming a member of the association. Your membership will ensure you are kept up to date and have a say on major issues.